Happy Easter! I plan to say that phrase until Pentecost on May 24.
Just in case you are still looking for a daily discipline of prayer and doodling after the forty days of Lent, here is a template for an Easter calendar. Starting with Easter there are 49 shapes. The 50th day is Pentecost which is indicated by the arrows. Add flame, fireworks, tongues,…whatever indicates to you the pouring out of the Holy Spirit. The spaces on the calendar are small but you can expand the calendar to an 11×17 sheet of paper for more room.
Here are some things to do as you doodle on your Easter Calendar.
- Pray for people.
- Write Easter words of celebration and rejoicing.
- Choose a single Easter word and ponder it each day.
- Write something for which you are grateful.
- Write words that describe your ideal Christian community or the Body of Christ.
- Draw Spring/resurrection things.